June 4th, 2018 - Hi Everyone! I've spent the past 2 weeks beating myself up over how to design the Product Version Management form and need some input since it's fairly bothersome. Additionally, I'm having issues trying to get the Raise/Lower Version to work properly with the controls I'm using. I don't believe these were previously things you could do with SerialSafe, but I do believe they would be useful if you were to enter versions out of order. Please let me know if you feel like these features would be useful or if you think it should be scrapped (at least for now).
Additionally, we've been getting emails regarding where recent purchases aren't having their licenses come though. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if this is the case so we can get in touch and try emailing from a different account.
May 20th, 2018 - Hey everyone, I'm back with some news! Let's start with where we said our next steps would be...
Versions - The database end for versioning is done and has been validated, but I've spent some time deciding how to handling user interaction for managing and selecting their versions and decided a secondary form would be optimal. Version selection would be through a dropdown but managing their order, creating, and deleting versions would be on the second form. I'm still up in the air on the best way to lay things out though, so there's no screenshot at the moment.
Side note, I have most of handling server sided license activation for integration, pending license generation. Once we get things going for releases, I want to spend Saturdays getting things updated with Sundays being for releases. Please let me know your thoughts on things!
March 31st, 2018 - Hey everyone! I've made some nice strides over the past, I think week and a half. I have licensing and custom information working, where custom info has a new look.
I know it's taken some time, but we're making nice progress on getting updates in when we do get to the toolset. For now I'm going to skip over embedded items and get assets fully integrated next. Once assets are all set, I think doubling back to address embedded items (including installer) will be the best way to proceed.
March 19th, 2018 - I was able to spend some time working on the update over the weekend and dove into some performance issues and functionality with the Product dashboard. Not huge jumps mind you, but a solid return from the hiatus that was. To keep things in scope, the next step is to get the license information associated with the version and then convert the Custom Information bit over to a list. I have some work items that'll keep me busy for the weekdays but should be good to address the licensing tab for this weekend. Hoping to post again next week with some good news!